What is Essential?
We are hearing From ESD that the order includes as ESSENTIAL: Food Processing, Pharmaceuticals, Defense, Chemicals, Safety and Safety Equipment, Telecommunications, Micro-Electronics.
We are advocating for all manufacturing sectors arguing that the employee density in your facilities is already at a safe level given the square footage available. Additional virus protocols you are implementing also make your facilities safe.
Please share with email@example.com any documentation you have regarding additional safety protocols you have implemented, employee per square foot ratio and any argument as to why your operation is critical to the supply chains listed above.
Note From ESD: Last night Governor Cuomo signed into law an executive order (No. 202.6) related to New York State’s response to the COVID-19 emergency.
You can view the Executive Order here:
The order states that all businesses and not-for-profit entities in the state must reduce their in-person workforce at any work locations by *50% no later than Friday, March 20th, at 8pm. (*NOTE: Governor Cuomo announced this morning this is begin reduced to 25%)
There are some important exceptions to these restrictions:
- Essential health care operations including research and laboratory services
- Essential infrastructure including utilities, telecommunication, airports and transportation infrastructure
- Essential manufacturing, including food processing and pharmaceuticals
- Essential retail including grocery stores and pharmacies
- Essential services including trash collection, mail, and shipping services; news media; banks and related financial institutions
- Providers of basic necessities to economically disadvantaged populations
- Vendors of essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of residences or other essential businesses
- Vendors that provide essential services or products, including logistics and technology support, child care and services needed to ensure the continuing operation of government agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public
Please stand by for further guidance on this Executive Order which will include a list of essential services and guidance on how companies may submit a request to be considered essential to Empire State Development today by 5pm.
Cuomo: “no business can have more than 50 percent of their workforce report to work” Does This Include Manufacturing? We want to know too.
Update: We are hearing a little more about “Essential to Supply Chain” We hear that suppliers to the Food, Defense and Pharmaceutical industries will be considered essential – watch for additional updates
Wuhan Reports No New Cases of Coronavirus After 2 Month Ordeal
Bloomberg Reports The Chinese province at the center of the coronavirus outbreak reported no new infections for the first time since the pathogen emerged more than two months ago, marking a turning point in an epidemic that’s infected almost 81,000 Chinese and threatens to push the world’s second-largest economy into its first quarterly contraction in decades.
Your Fellow Council Of Industry Member Belfor Property Restoration is very busy, but they are available for deep commercial cleaning. Belfor utilizes CDC Best Practices as their Standard Operating Procedure.
Jennifer Delillo can help you.