Course: IMPORT/ EXPORT HARMONIZED TARIFF SCHEDULE
|Cert. in Mfg. Leadership - Dutchess|
|Cert. in Mfg. Leadership - Rockland|
|Cert. in Mfg. Leadership - Westchester|
|display all courses|
Attention: This course is not currently being run. If you are interested in this training please contact the Council of Industry or phone us at (845) 565-1355.
The training agenda will cover the following topics:
- Early Trigger Rules: Learn to quickly identify and apply the four Early Trigger Rules that apply at the beginning of the classification process, including finished goods, parts, sets, incomplete unfinished and packaging.
- HTS Location & Framework: Learn how to quickly locate virtually any product in the 97 Chapters of the HTS.
- Section & Chapter Notes “Made Easy”: Learn how to quickly understand and apply all Section and Chapter notes with five simple strategies.
- HTS Coding: Learn the secrets to HTS number sequencing and positioning that you will never forget, including our exclusive “indent to indent” and our “apples to apples” rule
- Decoding the Language of the HTS: Learn how to quickly understand and apply the 20 most common and complex phrases and terms of the HTS, and the three types of attributes.
- Classification of “Simple Items”: Learn how to quickly and accurately classify those products named-by-name.
Complex Classifications: Learn how to spot, research and classify complex classifications. Learn the 13 most important legal resources and how they can help support virtually any HTS classification, including how to navigate and use CROSS.
- Binding Ruling Requests: Learn how to identify the need for a binding ruling and how to prepare a winning Ruling request.
- Defender Tool: Learn how to quickly document and defend any HTS classification, using both the Masters Method Defender Tool and the automated defender tool, “Classification Master” to consistently store and maintain all your HTS classifications.
The training will include the following hand-out materials:
- Masters Method 8 Step Process Flow
- Masters Method EO Parts List
- Training program workbook covering key concepts and for use in taking notes
- HTS Classification Training Resource Book for use in completing numerous classification exercises (for training purposes only)