Course: Fundamentals of Leadership Including DiSC Profile
|Cert. in Mfg. Leadership - Dutchess|
|Cert. in Mfg. Leadership - Rockland|
|Cert. in Mfg. Leadership - Westchester|
|display all courses|
Date(s): January 12 and January 13 and January 19
Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Instructor: Rebecca Mazin, Recruit Right
Cost: $425 single member, $375 each multiple members from same company, $725 non-members
This class takes managers and supervisors on a two-day journey that begins with a discussion of great leaders and the characteristics they demonstrate. This discussion sets the stage for a program that allows participants to identify their own individual style and gain tools and techniques to make their personal strengths most effective. Attendees complete the Everything DiSC Workplace Profile, a nonjudgmental personality tool for understanding their behaviors in the workplace. Leaders use this knowledge to understand behavior across four primary dimensions. DiSC Profile information creates a baseline for exploration of skills and techniques to enhance leadership effectiveness including:
- Individual approaches in response to different workplace styles.
- Best practices for working with particular styles.
- Tools for identifying styles in others.
- Balancing approaches to build effective workplace relationships.
- Emotional intelligence and communicating intentions.
- The essentials for establishing SMART goals.
- Building a team through targeted recruitment and behavioral interviewing.