Council of Industry friend and partner the Manufacturing and Technology Enterprise Center (M-TEC) is offering cyber security assessments to Hudson Valley manufacturers. Risk assessments are the best way for organizations to lay a solid foundation for an effective cyber security strategy. It is an ideal starting point for any business looking for guidance as to what they should focus their resources on and commit to going forward.
These assessments cost $5,600 but for a limited time a $3,000 grant is available to defray that cost.
What does a Risk Assessment Provide?
MTEC’s risk assessment is based on the standards for cyber security assessment developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and can address:
- Risk identification and management
- Comprehensive understanding and awareness of current cyber security industry standards
- External vulnerability testing in regard to firewall protection and internal network exposure
- Review of current policies related to information security, data protection, and access control
- A detailed description of the vulnerabilities found through the assessment with prioritized security risks to focus on and maintenance procedures
- Assessment of current anomaly and event monitoring, as well as response planning for future
- Follow-up assessment upon completion of the initial assessment to ensure compliance with industry standards and provide documentation of such
Most small businesses believe they do not store customer information that is of value, while more than half store email addresses, phone numbers, and billing addresses.
Any company connected to the internet can expect to fall victim to cyber security as criminals expand their ability to steal money directly and turn stolen data into money. If you are a company that is connected to the internet, you have something that can be exploited.
According to the US National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS), 39% of all cyber attacks in 2016 were against the manufacturing sector, up from 33% the year before, with breaches costing between $1m and $10m.
If you think you may be at risk consider this low cost assessment from M-TEC. to find out more contact:
Manager of Marketing & Administration
(845) 391-8214 ext.3001