Students from Marlboro High School toured Sono-Tek Corp. in Milton, NY, for MFG Day on October 4th. In addition to facility tours that day, the Council of Industry broadcast of Hudson Valley Focus Live was held at Selux Corp. In Highland, NY and featured several members and friends of the Council. Pine Bush High School also held an Advanced Manufacturing and STEAM career night on October 2nd with many CI member companies in attendance.
The staff at the Council of Industry has been very busy lately. October is Manufacturing Month and in addition to MFG Day events (see photo above) we have been putting together the latest issue of HV Mfg for our members. The Fall 2019 HV Mfg is hot off the press and chock-full of fascinating articles. Hard copies should be arriving in the mail this week and next and the digital version is available on our website here.
In the Fall 2019 Issue you will find:
- Meet Jennifer Clark, Director of Manufacturing Operations at Global Foundries in our Leader Profile
- Our Company Profile looks at Elna Magnetics and the world of magnetic cores and ferrite.
- Our Emerging Leaders are a team of engineers at Pratt & Whitney ACT creating innovative solutions for coating jet engine components
- Johnnieanne Hansen gives an update of the Manufacturing Intermediary Apprenticeship Program, how it’s going so far and new incentives to join.
- The Hudson Valley Manufacturing Workforce Center is creating videos to spotlight women in manufacturing, read some of the stories that inspired the video.
- Vin Buonomo from RIT discusses Lean Six Sigma Principals and how to use them to optimize processes and drive out waste.
- In Manufacturing Trends we look at Augmented Reality and how it is a new tool for manufacturers.
The Council has a variety of training going on right now, such as the Certificate in Manufacturing Leadership Program at Westchester Community College and Regulatory and Saftey Training, which includes an OSHA 10 Hour certification and First Aid training offered free to registered apprentices. There is an EHS Network Meeting on Confined Space coming up and we are organizing a bus tour for Westchester County Educators to visit manufacturers in that area.
We have also been busy recruiting new members and would like to welcome the following:
- All Recycling in Newburgh, NY
- BFY Brands in Middletown, NY
- Magnetic Analysis Corp in Elmsford, NY
- Unshattered in Hopewell Junction, NY
And new associate members:
- CohnReznick LLP in White Plains, NY
- 360Accel in Croton on Hudson, NY
- Katy Dwyer Design in Kingston, NY
Do you know a manufacturing company that should be part of our association? Help us make a connection.