A variety of discounts are available to members from Ethan Allen Personnel Group on Direct Placement, Temporary Staffing, Professional Employer Services, HR Compliance Audits, and Access to Ethan Allen’s HR Hotline. Learn more »
Sales & Customer Service Jobs
John Bean Technologies Corporation has a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards. Our innovative solutions have helped create industries, and our tradition of invention continues to contribute to customer success today. We are a leading provider in nearly every market in which we compete, with strong relationships that only begin with the best people, equipment and technologies available anywhere. Today, JBT is a strong and balanced market leader with almost $1 billion in annual revenues.
JBT Wolf-tec is a leading innovative equipment manufacturer providing better, safer and more cost effective manufacturing methods for meat, poultry, and seafood processors and turnkey solutions for automation.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Equipment Support Specialist. This position provides customers technical support for electrical, programming and mechanical issues via phone or email.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Corresponds daily with customers by phone for parts questions, pricing and availability information.
- Prepares follow-up quotes based on the inspection sheets created from service courtesy visits.
- Creates field service estimates.
- Assists customer service department in identifying parts and replacement kits.
- Keeps updated handovers and checklists on Demo equipment being prepped
- Ensures inspection reports are completed on returned demo’s.
- Provides first level troubleshooting of application-related issues/problems over the phone. Resolves customer and FSE’s questions on equipment failures.
- Reviews all new and modified manuals, blueprints, schematics and other support documentation. Stays current with log of known issues.
- Provides technical support to service technicians.
- Examines work orders and converses with service technicians to detect equipment problems.
- Enters daily notes into CRM (Customer Relationship Management). Keeps log of current issues.
- Forwards copies of manuals and other support documentation to customers as requested.
- Creates training aids for customers and fellow employees.
- Prepares and submits quotes for spare parts to customers.
- Enters sales orders for spare parts.
Performs other duties as assigned. Assists production in emergency situations. Serves on the rotating 24/7 after hours service.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum 3 year’s industry experience.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of electrical 24/240/480v systems. Familiarity with operation of PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers), preferably AB and Siemens.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to trouble shoot and repair mechanical equipment and electrical controls.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and provide fast and accurate solutions.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Effective communicator in writing and orally.
- Ability to calculate prices and prepare price lists in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to prepare proposals with information from other departments.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Syteline and a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system. Sales force preferred.
- Ability to plan work, handle tasks simultaneously and to work effectively with interruptions.
- Motivated self-starter
- Detail oriented
- Team player
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in electrical technology preferred.
Click here to apply online.
JBT Wolf-tec is a world class organization offering dynamic solutions and creating leading technologies, equipment and expertise. We provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org.
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Cambridge Security Seals
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL:
1. Learn and understand the company’s product lines, markets, customers, and competition.
2. Lead by example, exhibiting and teaching superior customer service and communication skills by providing telephone and email support to the company’s customers.
3. Work with management to effectively oversee the in-house sales activities of the department.
4. Develop expertise in the company’s computerized system to process orders and service customers, while training team members to properly use the system.
5. Oversee the performance and continuous training of both the team as a whole and each member of the team individually.
6. See beyond the department and contribute to the team-oriented, fast-paced environment of a high-growth organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTESREQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
1. Excellent “people” skills
2. Extremely organized, punctual, and efficient, with extraordinary attention to detail.
3. Energetic and enthusiastic self starter with a strong work ethic.
4. Ability to lead by example while effectively managing a team.
5. Ability to train and coach.
6. Professional appearance, demeanor, and vocabulary.
7. Understanding of customer service mentality, and the ability and willingness to service dozens of customers every day.
8. Upbeat personality that understands that customer service is critical to the effective running of the business, and plays a critical role in retaining customers and differentiating the Company from its competitors.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including diction, speech, and spelling.
10. An innate sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to accuracy.
11. Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
This is an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced individual who seeks a high-visibility position in a growing company which prides itself on a team-oriented culture and enjoyable work atmosphere.
To apply for this position in confidence, please reply with resume AND cover letter.
Cambridge Security Seals, a rapidly growing manufacturer in Rockland County, seeks an experienced customer service or in-house sales professional with supervisory skills to oversee a team comprised of in-house sales and customer service representatives.
This position requires strong communication and computer skills, a tireless work ethic, and excellent management and organizational skills. Most importantly, the Supervisor will be interacting with customers regularly (this is a “lead” position), and must continuously convey the pride, professionalism, and problem-solving skills required to succeed in the position,
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent and ambitions self-starter who can quickly develop an understanding of our products, markets, customers, and competition to contribute quickly to the company’s performance.
You may submit resume/cover letter to: hr [at] cambridgeseals [dot] com