A variety of discounts are available to members from Ethan Allen Personnel Group on Direct Placement, Temporary Staffing, Professional Employer Services, HR Compliance Audits, and Access to Ethan Allen’s HR Hotline. Learn more »
Engineering & Technical Jobs
Schreiner Group LP
Schreiner Group LP has a full time regular opening for a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer's overall responsibility is to focused on the timely and cost effective completion of engineering and production projects by organizing and controlling project elements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operative Responsibilities include:
- Design and direct the fabrication of support tools.
- Identifying waste in our printing/manufacturing process and moving to correct or minimize it.
- Support new production development processes and product launches.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new tooling and equipment.
- Oversees equipment modifications or new equipment purchases by utilizing operational and financial data.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning space requirements, equipment layout, and work flow by using lean techniques.
- Develop initial technical specifications and perform comparative vendor analysis to support the procurement of parts, equipment and machinery.
- Provide engineering support of CAPA processes.
- Perform machine requalification as needed.
- Train employees on new process, procedures and equipment.
Strategic Responsibilities include:
- Develop, evaluate, and improve products, systems, equipment, and processes used in our manufacturing process that will increase production while adhering to customer specifications in a manner that is both economical and cost-effective.
- Research and resolve any manufacturing difficulties or inefficiencies to determine root cause. Make recommendations for corrective action.
- Conduct safety hazard analysis.
- Develop, train and promote lean manufacturing initiatives within the company.
- Prepare capacity analysis and annual review.
- Drive continuous improvement through P.D.C.A. (Plan-Do-Check-Act).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Printing and Packaging Sciences or equivalent degree
- 3 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or printing.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing, 6-sigma, 5S, and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures, manuals and manufacturing documents.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Work activity requires repetitive bending, reaching, walking, stooping, and crouching, lifting, and climbing.
- Adequate visual acuity including full color vision.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
You may submit resume/cover letter to: Jodi.kiernan [at] schreiner-group [dot] com
The candidate must have experience developing quality systems for small precision manufactured components. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills: Additional attributes/capabilities:
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates a Quality Management System.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s products and processes.
- Help to train employees.
- Serves as a quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Supports engineering efforts by participating in development projects.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures.
- Establishes and implements metrics for monitoring system effectiveness.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Develops quality planning methods.
- Develops process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Reviews customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning quality problems and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Experienced to handle all ISO Audit and upgrades with minimum direct oversight.
- Leads process quality improvements (working with Process Engineering) through the development and implementation of process controls, sampling systems, and SPC. Develops statistical process control systems. Capable of preparing customer PPAP needs.
- Periodic reviews of FMEA and Control Plans to ensure Risk Management and Process Controls are embedded in the manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or business administration, or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management.
You may send application/resume/cover letter to:
PRESRAY Corporation located off Route 22 in scenic Wassaic, NY just over the boarder of south Western CT is expanding and offers an opportunity to join our team. PRESRAY is offering full-time positions with competitive salaries and a complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance, a matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time, and an on-site fitness center.
Civil Engineer: a technical liaison between the sales team, customer and home office technical team to design, specify and develop flood protection barriers and critical containment systems including the use of biometric security and access control systems with an emphasis on quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness. Bachelors or Master’s Degree Required.
Field Technician: Installation and repair services for air and watertight doors and systems, ability to safely use hand & portable power tools, must read & write English and requires overnight & weekly travel. Experience in carpentry and construction desired.
Field Project Manager: Coordinate and manage construction projects working with the sales team, designers, technical support and the customers, while performing a variety of routine assignments involved with the coordination of various engineering, construction, purchasing, and scheduling aspects of the project. Must read & write English an d requires overnight and weekly travel. Previous construction site experience required.
Pawling is an EOE
Aerospace manufacturer of industrial components, in Westchester County, is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager. Process and machine shop experience a plus. Must have I.S.O. 9001 and preferably AS-9100 experience. Should be comfortable with various dimensional/measuring equipment. Excellent salary & benefits. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
You may send application/resume/cover letter to:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Council of Industry, 6 Albany Post Road, Newburgh, NY 12550