A variety of discounts are available to members from Ethan Allen Personnel Group on Direct Placement, Temporary Staffing, Professional Employer Services, HR Compliance Audits, and Access to Ethan Allen’s HR Hotline. Learn more »
Engineering & Technical Jobs
Schreiner Group LP
Schreiner Group LP has a full time regular opening for a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer's overall responsibility is to focused on the timely and cost effective completion of engineering and production projects by organizing and controlling project elements
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operative Responsibilities include:
- Design and direct the fabrication of support tools.
- Identifying waste in our printing/manufacturing process and moving to correct or minimize it.
- Support new production development processes and product launches.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new tooling and equipment.
- Oversees equipment modifications or new equipment purchases by utilizing operational and financial data.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning space requirements, equipment layout, and work flow by using lean techniques.
- Develop initial technical specifications and perform comparative vendor analysis to support the procurement of parts, equipment and machinery.
- Provide engineering support of CAPA processes.
- Perform machine requalification as needed.
- Train employees on new process, procedures and equipment.
Strategic Responsibilities include:
- Develop, evaluate, and improve products, systems, equipment, and processes used in our manufacturing process that will increase production while adhering to customer specifications in a manner that is both economical and cost-effective.
- Research and resolve any manufacturing difficulties or inefficiencies to determine root cause. Make recommendations for corrective action.
- Conduct safety hazard analysis.
- Develop, train and promote lean manufacturing initiatives within the company.
- Prepare capacity analysis and annual review.
- Drive continuous improvement through P.D.C.A. (Plan-Do-Check-Act).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Printing and Packaging Sciences or equivalent degree
- 3 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or printing.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing, 6-sigma, 5S, and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures, manuals and manufacturing documents.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Work activity requires repetitive bending, reaching, walking, stooping, and crouching, lifting, and climbing.
- Adequate visual acuity including full color vision.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
You may submit resume/cover letter to: Jodi.kiernan [at] schreiner-group [dot] com
The candidate must have experience developing quality systems for small precision manufactured components. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills: Additional attributes/capabilities:
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates a Quality Management System.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s products and processes.
- Help to train employees.
- Serves as a quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Supports engineering efforts by participating in development projects.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures.
- Establishes and implements metrics for monitoring system effectiveness.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Develops quality planning methods.
- Develops process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Reviews customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning quality problems and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Experienced to handle all ISO Audit and upgrades with minimum direct oversight.
- Leads process quality improvements (working with Process Engineering) through the development and implementation of process controls, sampling systems, and SPC. Develops statistical process control systems. Capable of preparing customer PPAP needs.
- Periodic reviews of FMEA and Control Plans to ensure Risk Management and Process Controls are embedded in the manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or business administration, or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management.
You may send application/resume/cover letter to:
PRESRAY Corporation located off Route 22 in scenic Wassaic, NY just over the boarder of south Western CT is expanding and offers an opportunity to join our team. PRESRAY is offering full-time positions with competitive salaries and a complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance, a matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time, and an on-site fitness center.
Civil Engineer: a technical liaison between the sales team, customer and home office technical team to design, specify and develop flood protection barriers and critical containment systems including the use of biometric security and access control systems with an emphasis on quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness. Bachelors or Master’s Degree Required.
Field Technician: Installation and repair services for air and watertight doors and systems, ability to safely use hand & portable power tools, must read & write English and requires overnight & weekly travel. Experience in carpentry and construction desired.
Field Project Manager: Coordinate and manage construction projects working with the sales team, designers, technical support and the customers, while performing a variety of routine assignments involved with the coordination of various engineering, construction, purchasing, and scheduling aspects of the project. Must read & write English an d requires overnight and weekly travel. Previous construction site experience required.
Pawling is an EOE
Job Description: Systems Engineer – Product Development
Reports directly to: VP, Research & Development
Simulaids, a Subsidiary of The Aristotle Corporation, is an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer, and a leader in direct sales and distribution of emergency and medical training manikins and wound moulages, for over 50 years! To learn more about our company, please visit www.simulaids.com.
We are currently seeking a qualified Systems Engineering professional to fill a key role in the development and sustainment of our multifaceted products with complex interactions between software, electronic, and mechanical technologies.
The Systems Engineer acts as an interface between diverse groups in Product Development, such as Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Subject Matter Experts (external to the organization) and Customers. Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Working with Educators and Marketing professionals in drafting Training Needs Analysis supporting the creation of new products.
- Leading Requirements Development and mediate negotiation as needed, working closely with Product Managers and Project Managers to balance the concerns of all stakeholders and champion a sensible product vision that takes into account market needs, feasibility, cost, and schedule.
- Documenting all Requirements and ensure data integrity within an established Requirements Management tool.
- Assisting Project Managers and Development Engineers in establishing schedules and cost estimates.
- Helping define the interactions between various subsystems, including distributed software components, firmware, and hardware.
- Participating in the creation of System Test Plans and the interpretation of test results against Requirements.
- Acting as an interface between Product Development -Engineering and Technical Writers producing User Documentation.
- Acting as an interface between Product Development -Engineering and Product Managers producing product training documentation for Sales.
- Supporting Manufacturing Engineering in the creation of documentation for Operations, such as manufacturing procedures and troubleshooting guides.
- Supporting the triage of escalated service and sustainment issues, participating in Root Cause Analysis and recommending corrective actions.
- Creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and collaboration among all project stakeholders.
- Complying with and enforcing all applicable safety rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Performing all duties in complete compliance with all legal and ethical standards.
- Maintaining the security of classified and/or company proprietary information.
- Remaining updated on company policies, practices and procedures and current developments within the professional field through outside training, memberships in professional organizations and self-enrichment activities.
- MS Degree in Engineering preferred (BS degree in engineering with comparable experience and knowledge will be considered; Biomedical Engineering background highly desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Systems Engineering role; Minimum of 6 years product development experience preferred
- Experience managing Requirements; familiarity with Requirements Management Tools preferred
- Experience developing or supporting the development of Mechanical, Electronic, and Software systems
- Understanding of healthcare educational simulation and medical technology highly preferred
- Experience working directly with healthcare and/or education professionals
- Ability to translate functional requirements into system design specifications
- Strong understanding of the product-development lifecycle and risk analysis
- Experience in estimating effort on development tasks for complex projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and conflict-resolution skills
- Experience creating design/product documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Domestic and foreign travel required up to 40%.
These are immediate openings.
Applicants should send resumes with cover letter & salary requirements to Jobs@Simulaids.com.
Package Pavement Company, Inc
QC Technician needed for manufacturing company of bagged concrete mix products. This is an entry-level position.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Maintain quality standards in compliance with requirements in laboratory oriented environment.
- Fabricates color match testing using specified software.
- Experience weighing and measuring w/laboratory equipment preferred.
- Maintain customer requests and test records.
- Ensures products to be delivered meet customer satisfaction on quality and color specifications.
- Comply with safety, qualities, and company policies of the organization.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Other necessary requirements (other duties as assigned):
- High School Diploma Required
- Experience in QC a plus
- The ability to read, write, and interpret work procedures and communicate with customers
- Strong customer service orientation coupled with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite REQUIRED
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs on a regular basis are require individuals to be in a standing position for long periods of time REQUIRED.
Interested parties can call our HR line which is 845-221-6864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Aerospace manufacturer of industrial components, in Westchester County, is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager. Process and machine shop experience a plus. Must have I.S.O. 9001 and preferably AS-9100 experience. Should be comfortable with various dimensional/measuring equipment. Excellent salary & benefits. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
You may send application/resume/cover letter to:
Email resume to email@example.com or mail to Council of Industry, 6 Albany Post Road, Newburgh, NY 12550